Episode 70: Customer Success Leadership, Ownership & Responsibility to Your Customers – A Conversation with Leah Chaney
Today’s guest is Leah Chaney, CCO, and Co-Founder at BetterGrowth.
Leah is a Customer Success pioneer with almost two decades of experience.
After successfully starting and growing Customer Success teams for over 8 successful startups, Leah decided to go out on her own and join BetterGrowth as a Founding Partner. BetterGrowth is an agency that focuses on in-house talent for SAAS companies around the world.
BetterGrowth’s core offerings include a model where they hire, train, and employee Customer Support agents, sales agents, and recruiters in their Portland office.
In just over 7 months BetterGrowth has grown its Portland Oregon team to over 15 full-time employees focused on servicing some of the world’s top technology companies.
Some of the topics that we discussed in this podcast are:
- Defining what is ‘Customer Success’ from the buyer’s point of view.
- The importance of being an investigative reporter as part of your customer success work.
- Getting clear about your known outliers and challenges when creating your implementation plan.
- The importance of setting up a clear cadence with your new customers.
- The ‘80/20 rule’ – the biggest kryptonite in customer success.
- Who runs the quarterly business reviews.
- Conversation programs for customer success for upsells and renewals.
- The ‘triple-A’ scorecard for your customer success team.
- Leah’s dedication and active work around diversity and inclusion around the LGBT community.
Links & Resources
Leah Chancy on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/leahchaney
Thanks for the rainbow logo… but let’s do better.
Listen & subscribe to The Startup Selling Show here:
Thanks so much for listening! Tell a friend or ten about The Startup Selling Show, and please leave a review wherever you’re listening to the show.