My two cents: “5 things LinkedIn won’t tell you”
1. LinkedIn is a “jobs site” — Disagree. While it is a jobs site for many people, it isn’t for all of us.
2. People don’t hang out on LinkedIn: Well, sort of… I’m on LinkedIn all the time every day, but I’m not “hanging out” because I’m working.
3. Thanks for the free content — Disagree. When I publish, it’s to show some expertise or share my observations to my immediate network.
4. Endorsements are only for ego — Agree. I wish LinkedIn would improve this. My guess (and it’s only a guess) is that that the tags help your profile search results.
5. Needy members will creep you out — Disagree. If someone is contacting me from my network because they need something, um, yeah… that’s the whole point… That’s why I connected with them in the first place.