Episode 73: 5 Phases of Early Company Growth, the Frankenstein Job Posting & Gifting Ownership: An Interview with Brett Gilliland
In this episode of the Startup Selling Podcast, I interviewed Brett Gilliland, Co-Founder & CEO at Elite Entrepreneurs.
As the original leader of Infusionsoft’s “Built to Last” efforts, Brett spent 10 years helping Infusionsoft grow from less than $10M to over $100M in revenue. Brett’s roles at Infusionsoft included: Built to Last Champion, Strategic Advisor to the CEO, VP of Infusionsoft, and VP of Leadership Development. He also Co-Created the Elite Programs with Infusionsoft’s CEO, Clate Mask.
Brett has experience in high-impact, trusted-advisor roles in both large and small organizations across multiple industries. He has worked with hundreds of $1M-$10M entrepreneurs and their teams to develop and implement the organizational and leadership processes and systems they need to grow.
When he isn’t busy serving Elite businesses, Brett loves family life with his beautiful wife, Sharon, and their 8 children!
Some of the topics that Brett and I discussed in this episode are:
- The five (5) stages of a small business.
- The definition of each of the five stages.
- The challenges that most entrepreneurs experience when they’re in each stage.
- The challenges in growing from stage to stage.
- Solutions for overcoming the growth challenges in each stage.
- Company culture and the importance of setting the company’s vision as the CEO.
- The challenges when it comes to building, managing and growing a team.
- How can you ‘gift’ ownership of certain roles to the people on your team.
- Strategies and ways you can make your team grow.
Links & Resources
Connect with Brett:
Elite Entrepreneur: growwithelite.com
Brett Gilliland on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/built2lastchamp
To receive a copy of the 5 Stages of Small Business Infographic, text “Stages” to 72000
Books & Resources:
The Rule of 3 and 10: www.sequoiacap.com/article/the-rule-of-3-and-10
Multipliers: How the Best Leaders Make Everyone Smarter www.amazon.com/Multipliers-Best-Leaders-Everyone-Smarter/dp/0061964395
Leadership and Self Deception: Getting Out of the Box
The Anatomy of Peace: Resolving the Heart of Conflict www.amazon.com/Anatomy-Peace-Resolving-Heart-Conflict-ebook/dp/B00SGET4BS
The Outward Mindset: How to Change Lives and Transform Organizations
The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable
Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap and Others Don’t
Listen & subscribe to The Startup Selling Show here:
Thanks so much for listening! Tell a friend or ten about The Startup Selling Show, and please leave a review wherever you’re listening to the show.