Episode 69: Fix the Track or Get Off the Vehicle – A Conversation with Dan Martell
In this episode of the Startup Selling Podcast, I had the privilege of sitting down with Dan Martell.
Dan is a serial entrepreneur having built several multi-million dollar technology companies starting at the age of 17. He’s also an award-winning angel investor, having invested in 35+ companies like Intercom, Udemy, Hootsuite, and Unbounce.
Today he’s an executive coach focused exclusively on B2B SaaS working with the founders from ClickFunnels.com, Proposify.com, Carrot.com, and many others to help scale their businesses. He splits his time between Canada (where he grew up), and San Diego with his wife Renee and two boys.
Some of the topics that we discussed in today’s podcast are:
- Why Dan calls himself “The Chief Instigator”
- The mindset of thinking in decades – and why you should make decisions based on what you would want to be doing in the next ten years from now.
- The strategic mindset you need to take as a start-up founder.
- The importance of learning from the mistakes from other people make so you don’t have to make them.
- The idea of either fixing the track or the vehicle that you’re on or jump on a new one.
- The “Front Page” rule and the pain of indecision.
- The importance of building an achievement list for yourself to help you build confidence in yourself.
- Understanding why issues in your business are a reflection of your personal life.
- The challenges entrepreneurs face by not trusting themselves to take action.
- Dan’s story as an at-risk youth.
Links & Resources
Facebook Personal Page: hwww.facebook.com/profile.php?id=829175116
Facebook Business Page: www.facebook.com/Danmartell
Listen & subscribe to The Startup Selling Show here:
Thanks so much for listening! Tell a friend or ten about The Startup Selling Show, and please leave a review wherever you’re listening to the show.