Episode 68: When, Who & Where to Hire Your Startup’s Sales Team: An Interview with John Messina
In this episode of the Startup Selling Podcast, I had the privilege of sitting down with John Messina.
John currently leads North American Sales at Amplitude Analytics where he helps their customers leverage customer data to build the best product experiences possible.
He has built sales teams at Enterprise B2B SaaS companies ranging in size from 8 to 500 employees for the past 10 years. He loves helping teams scale and figure out how to go from initial sales success to a team full of successful salespeople.
Some of the topics that we discussed in today’s podcast are:
- Finding the ‘sweet-spot’ for hiring.
- The biggest mistakes that startups make when hiring their first sales team members.
- When is the right time to hire a sales team at a startup?
- Signals to tell you when to hire and bring in a new salesperson to the team.
- The “Whiteboard problem”
- How and where to find perfect recruits.
Links & Resources
John Messina on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/jomessina
Listen & subscribe to The Startup Selling Show here:
Thanks so much for listening! Tell a friend or ten about The Startup Selling Show, and please leave a review wherever you’re listening to the show.