Episode 66: The Sales process – MQL to SQL best practices, qualification, etc.: An Interview with Erik Bulichi
In this episode of the Startup Selling Podcast, I had the privilege of sitting down with another guest from Lever, his name is Erik Bulichi. Erik is currently a Senior Sales Manager for the corporate segment at Lever, a modern applicant tracking system company.
Erik started his tech sales career at 8×8, a cloud communications and customer engagement solutions provider located in Santa Clara, California. From there, he found himself at a small startup called DemandForce.
Erik held a few different leadership roles and exited three years after Intuit acquired the company. Then he found himself back in the startup world, this time it was in the head of sales capacity at Zozi, a booking and resource management solution in the tour and activity space.
Some of the topics that we discussed in today’s podcast are:
- How Erik and his team build their sales process.
- “The Buyer’s Journey” – how do we truly create empathy around their situations or problems.
- Marketing qualified leads (MQL) versus sales qualified lead (SQL).
- What constitutes a sales qualified lead.
- How Erik and his team implemented ‘APV’ (always provide value) in their sales process.
- The difference between inbound leads and outbound leads and how to handle them.
Links and Resources:
Erik Bulichi: http://bit.ly/2GxbSpr
Listen & subscribe to The Startup Selling Show here:
Plus, whenever you’re ready, here are 3 ways I can help you grow your startup…
It explains the core selling strategies that EVERY startup needs to sell, if you really, really have to and don’t know how…
2. Work with me and my team privately
If you’d like to work directly with me to take your company from Start Up to Ramp Up to Scale Up, just reply to this message, put “Private” in the subject line, and tell me a little about your business and what you’d like to work on together, and I’ll get you the details!
Thanks so much for listening! Tell a friend or ten about The Startup Selling Show, and please leave a review wherever you’re listening to the show.