Episode 62: Pleasant Prospecting, Spinning Plates & The Engagement Pyramid: An Interview with Marylou Tyler
We have a first in today’s episode! It’s our first returning guest. Joining me on the show today is Marylou Tyler.
Marylou is the founder of Strategic Pipeline, a Fortune 1000 sales process improvement consulting group. Her client roster includes prestigious companies such as Apple, Bose, AMA, Talend, CIBC, Gartner, Prudential, UPS, Logitech, Orkin, AAA, and Mastercard.
Marylou is also an author and a contributor of two #1 bestselling books – “Predictable Revenue” and “Predictable Prospecting.” Both books have sold over 60,000 copies worldwide.
She specializes in optimizing the top-of-funnel sales process and implementing predictable new sales opportunity models. Her approach walks clients through a 7-point outreach framework that is part behavioral, part predictive and part creative, which when combined together, yields a persuasive storytelling process for sales outreach.
Here are the highlights of the topics that we covered in today’s episode:
- The Yellow Brick Road Matrix – Selling new products vs. existing products and selling to new clients vs. existing clients.
- Becoming a pleasant and reliable machine as a salesperson, entrepreneur and founder.
- The five (5) levels of a prospect perception of a problem – starting from “unaware” and going to “extremely aware.”
- The Engagement Pyramid – a process for lead-scoring that shows what to offer your sales leads as the next step in your sales process.
- The importance of disqualifying potential customers that might not be ready to take action with you, and discover the ones that are ready to take action.
- The Importance of Storytelling in your Sales and the five (5) steps of the story arc.
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion: www.amazon.com/Robert-B.-Cialdini/e/B000AP9KKG
- TED – Talks Recommended:
- Nancy’s Books: www.duarte.com/books
- The Dream 100 strategy: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol2j3NLguBM
- The Ultimate Sales Machine [book]: www.amazon.com/Chet-Holmes-Turbocharge-Relentless-Strategies/dp/B004S7Y002
Twila Tharp’s book, “The Creative Habit” – www.amazon.com/Creative-Habit-Learn-Use-Life/dp/0743235274
Listen & Subscribe to The Startup Selling Show here:
Plus, whenever you’re ready, here are 3 ways I can help you grow your startup…
It explains the core selling strategies that EVERY startup needs to sell, if you really, really have to and don’t know how… Click Here
Every month, I tackle YOUR sales questions on anything and everything sales – Prospecting, Pipeline, Sales Metrics, Buyer Behavior and more… Click here to save your spot and send me your toughest sales question.
3. Work with me and my team privately
If you’d like to work directly with me to take your company from Start Up to Ramp Up to Scale Up, just reply to this message, put “Private” in the subject line, and tell me a little about your business and what you’d like to work on together, and I’ll get you the details!
Thanks so much for listening! Tell a friend or ten about The Startup Selling Show, and please leave a review wherever you’re listening to the show.