Episode 62: Pleasant Prospecting, Spinning Plates & The Engagement Pyramid: An Interview with Marylou Tyler
We have a first in today’s episode! It’s our first returning guest. Joining me on the show today is Marylou Tyler.
Marylou is the founder of Strategic Pipeline, a Fortune 1000 sales process improvement consulting group. Her client roster includes prestigious companies such as Apple, Bose, AMA, Talend, CIBC, Gartner, Prudential, UPS, Logitech, Orkin, AAA and Mastercard.
Marylou is also an author and a contributor of two #1 bestselling books – “Predictable Revenue” and “Predictable Prospecting.” Both books have sold over 60,000 copies worldwide.
She specializes in optimizing top-of-funnel sales process and implementing predictable new sales opportunity models. Her approach walks clients through a 7-point outreach framework that is part behavioral, part predictive and part creative, which when combined together, yields a persuasive storytelling process for sales outreach.
Here are the highlights of the topics that we covered in today’s episode:
- The Yellow Brick Road Matrix – Selling new products vs. existing products and selling to new clients vs. existing clients.
- Becoming a pleasant and reliable machine as a salesperson, entrepreneur and founder.
- The five (5) levels of a prospect perception of a problem – starting from “unaware” and going to “extremely aware.”
- The Engagement Pyramid – a process for lead-scoring that shows what to offer your sales leads as the next step in your sales process.
- The importance of disqualifying potential customers that might not be ready to take action with you, and discover the ones that are ready to take action.
- The Importance of Storytelling in your Sales and the five (5) steps of the story arc.
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion: www.amazon.com/Robert-B.-Cialdini/e/B000AP9KKG
- TED – Talks Recommended:
- Nancy’s Books: www.duarte.com/books
- The Dream 100 strategy: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol2j3NLguBM
- The Ultimate Sales Machine [book]: www.amazon.com/Chet-Holmes-Turbocharge-Relentless-Strategies/dp/B004S7Y002
Twila Tharp’s book, “The Creative Habit” – www.amazon.com/Creative-Habit-Learn-Use-Life/dp/0743235274
Listen & Subscribe to The Startup Selling Show here:
Make sure to grab your free copy of my book – “Startup Selling: How to Sell If You Really, Really Have To And Don’t Know How.”
Just go to www.startupselling.co and you can download a free PDF version of the book.
Thanks so much for listening! Tell a friend or ten about The Startup Selling Show, and please leave a review wherever you’re listening to the show.