Ep. 97: SDR Development and Management – Lessons in Learning & Leading with 6sense’s Ernest Owusu
In this episode of the Startup Selling Podcast, I interviewed Ernest Owusu.
As the Sr. Director of Sales Development at 6sense, Ernest leverages his passion for helping others succeed as well as his insights from the field to foster a winning team. With previous experience as an NFL athlete, Ernest thrives in team environments full of high collaboration and healthy competition.
Outside of the office, you’ll find him tackling the industry’s diversity problem by mentoring and empowering under-represented people so they can confidently grow their careers.
Some of the topics that Ernest and I discussed in this episode are:
- Ernest’s background as an NFL athlete.
- How to research and how to hire?
- What to look for in your SDR hire?
- How does it work being an SDR manager?
- What to look for and what are some lead indicators when hiring?
- Strategy Adjustments: What to do when you see a dip (things that worked in the past but no longer do)?
- How do you make strategy adjustments when you have dips?
- How Ernest runs his sales meeting with his team.
Link & Resources:
In-Market Demand Report: bit.ly/3f05XY8
Ernest Owusu on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/ernestowusu
Jeb Blount, Fanatical Prospecting: amzn.to/3fZhM2g
Trish Bertuzzi, The Sales Development Playbook: amzn.to/2OW0rLO
Jeremey Donovan, Leading Sales Development: amzn.to/3fTVlLM
Listen & subscribe to The Startup Selling Show here:
Thanks so much for listening! Tell a friend or ten about The Startup Selling Show, and please leave a review wherever you’re listening to the show.