Ep. 96: What’s in Your Water: From Performer to Data Scientist to Clean Water Expert: An Interview with Doll Avant
In this episode of the Startup Selling Podcast, I interviewed Doll Avant.
Doll, Founder and CEO of Aquagenuity, is an award-winning inventor & data scientist, a graduate of Harvard University, & TEDx speaker, honored on Google’s home page with the global designation of “Google’s Woman of Water” for creating the “world’s largest water database.”
She has been featured by the New York Times, SoftBank, BMW, Coca-Cola, Forbes, WIRED magazine, and on the homepage of Google for making it easy for any citizen to safely answer the question: “What’s In Your Water?”
Some of the topics that Doll and I discussed in this episode are:
- The transition from being a data scientist to becoming an entrepreneur.
- The known data collection challenges that Doll had.
- How to make the data useful to test the quality of your water.
- The unknown challenges in her journey with Aquagenuity.
- Doll’s experience as a Black entrepreneur.
- The ability to tell a story and transfer enthusiasm.
- Becoming a TEDx speaker.
Link & Resources:
Doll Avant on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/dollavant
Check your AquaScore for free at myAquaScore.com
Listen & subscribe to The Startup Selling Show here:
Thanks so much for listening! Tell a friend or ten about The Startup Selling Show, and please leave a review wherever you’re listening to the show.