Ep. 93: The Dark Funnel, Selling to In-Market Prospects & Bringing the Kapow – An Interview with 6Sense’s Latane Conant
In this episode of the Startup Selling Podcast, I interviewed Latane Conant.
Latané was instrumental in aligning sales and marketing in her previous position as CMO of Appirio, resulting in 5x more effective field marketing programs and a 300% increase in inbound leads.
Now as the Chief Market Officer of 6sense, Latané empowers revenue teams to compete and win in the age of account-based buying through 6sense’s solution — allowing them to uncover, prioritize, and engage with demand by uniting one common, AI-powered platform.
This allows them to know everything they need to know and do anything they need to do, ultimately generating 40% more opportunities, closing deals 2x faster, and winning 2x more often.
Some of the topics that Latane and I discussed in this episode are:
- “The Dark Funnel” – The activity and research your buyers are doing before contacting the seller.
- Identifying which accounts are “in-market”.
- “New Inbound” – Get clear on the Ideal Customer Profile (ICP), the buyer’s intent, and focusing your marketing and sales effort on the account that are “in-pocket”.
- “In-pocket” – problem aware and solution aware.
- The importance of demand capture versus demand gen.
- The value card and how you create content for the different buyers.
- The importance of using video and how you can create quick content.
- How to leverage AI to create an amazing customer experience.
- The importance of orchestrating to create a positive experience for your buyer.
- The importance of the “next best action” with your prospects.
- Racial inequality and improvements we can all be making when it comes to diversity within our teams, customers, and community.
Links & Resources
Rapid Adoption. Immediate Impact: 6sense.com
Latane on Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/latane-conant
Manifesto for the Future of B2B Customer Engagement:
SV Academy: sv.academy
[book] White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism:
[assessment] Impact of Unconscious Bias:
Listen & subscribe to The Startup Selling Show here:
Thanks so much for listening! Tell a friend or ten about The Startup Selling Show, and please leave a review wherever you’re listening to the show.