Ep. 86: The Selling Formula – An interview with Brian Robinson
In this episode of the Startup Selling Podcast, I interviewed best-selling author, and coach, Brian Robinson.
Brian Robinson is a sales and marketing expert, best-selling author, and coach. He has worked for some of the best-known companies in the world, including Coca-Cola USA and Johnson & Johnson.
Upon leaving his corporate career, he helped launch a successful startup where he was the first person in the history of the industry to sell more than one million dollars in business in twelve months—entirely by phone.
He has over two decades of in-the-trenches, battle-tested, face-to-face, and phone-presentation experience that can benefit virtually anyone, from Fortune 500 companies to entrepreneurial ventures.
Brian is the author of the Amazon #1 Best-Seller, THE SELLING FORMULA: 5 Steps for Instant Sales Improvement.
Brian and his wife Cindy reside in the Oklahoma City area and have eight children – which could be the topic of an entire podcast in and of itself!
Some of the topics that Brian and I discussed in this episode are:
- THE SELLING FORMULA: 5 Steps for Instant Sales Improvement: Connect, Interview, Present, Share, and Close.
- The “Why” behind each of the five steps.
- The importance of having a pre-built list of questions in your sales calls.
- The importance of using fact-finding and emotional types of questions in your sales call.
- Why is it necessary to set the agenda for every meeting?
- Interview as if you are a reporter.
- Pricing strategies and ways to share your price.
- The importance of including and creating a guarantee with your products and presenting it early in your sales process.
Links & Resources
The Selling Formula (audio): brianrobinsonbook.com/free-audio-download
The Selling Formula: thesellingformula.com
Brian Robinson: linkedin.com/in/brianwrobinson
Listen & subscribe to The Startup Selling Show here:
Thanks so much for listening! Tell a friend or ten about The Startup Selling Show, and please leave a review wherever you’re listening to the show.