Ep. 76: Being a Sales Sherpa, Effort vs Results & Networking The Right Way: An Interview with David J.P. Fisher
In this episode of the Startup Selling Podcast, I interviewed keynote speaker, sales coach, and author, David J.P. Fisher.
David is a speaker, coach, and author of nine books including the best-selling ‘Hyper-Connected Selling’ and ‘Networking in the 21st Century: Why Your Network Sucks and What to Do About It’.
With more than 20 years of experience as an entrepreneur and as a sales professional, he combines nuanced strategy and real-world tactics to help professionals become more effective, efficient, and happy.
Some of the topics that David and I discussed in this episode are:
- David’s book of haikus and his participation in Slam Poetry in Chicago.
- The importance of building trust and relationships with your prospects and customers.
- David’s concept of being a ‘‘Sales Sherpa’’ and why is it important to bring your customers through their journey and use information that they already have to understand what it means to their company.
- Why your product demo is not destinations in your sales process – it is the place to provide credibility of your promise.
- The Edelmen Trust Barometer – The value of relationships and how trust is a spectrum.
- Tactical tips for using LinkedIn for your networking and trust-building
Links & Resources
The Edelmen Trust Barometer: www.edelman.com/trust-barometer
David on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/iamdfish
Download a Free Copy of “19 Ways to Immediately Skyrocket your Sales Network” here: davidjpfisher.com/podcast/startup
About Slam Poetry on Wikipedia: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poetry_slam
David’s books on Amazon:
- Hyper-Connected Selling: Winning More Business by Leveraging Digital Influence and Creating Human Connection – www.amazon.com/dp/1944730052
- Networking in the 21st Century: Why Your Network Sucks And What To Do About It – www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SGOGQ8M
- Five Seven Five: A Daily Glimpse of Chicago Life as Seen Through Haiku – hwww.amazon.com/gp/product/1944730079
Listen & subscribe to The Startup Selling Show here:
Thanks so much for listening! Tell a friend or ten about The Startup Selling Show, and please leave a review wherever you’re listening to the show.