Welcome to another episode of the Startup Selling Podcast, in today’s episode we have Alex Goldfayn. Alex is a global sales consultant, speaker, and the author of a Wall Street Journal best-seller called Selling Boldly.
Here’s an excerpt from his LinkedIn bio:
My consulting firm, The Revenue Growth Consultancy, creates an average annual revenue growth of 10-20% for my clients. Also. about once a week, I deliver keynote speeches, sales kickoffs, breakout sessions and workshops for various associations and companies around the country. The topic is sales growth, but I also dive deeply into confidence (instead of meekness), proactivity (instead of reactivity), and optimism (instead of pessimism). Fast sales growth is a function of mindset change and a system of simple behaviors.
After reading Alex’s book, I sent him a note on Linkedin. We talked on the phone, and we immediately clicked. So I invited him to the Startup Selling Show, and he graciously accepted.
The reason I wanted to have Alex on the podcast is to talk through the strategies he uses when he consults with large companies and their sales teams, and how you can implement them with your startup as you grow and scale.
In today’s conversation, we focused on how start-up sellers can change their mindset and use communication to increase sales.
Here are some of the topics that we covered in our conversation:
- How to develop friendlies in the marketplace.
- How to increase positive psychology when selling.
- Overcoming fears and how to have positive conversations with the people in your marketplace.
- How to migrate away from lazy, low-risk communications and what to do instead.
- How to have “human” interactions with your prospects.
- Communication techniques you can use to increase your sales.
Where to find Alex on the interwebs:
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexgoldfayn/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/alexgoldfayn
- Email: [email protected]
- Selling Boldly: Applying the New Science of Positive Psychology to Dramatically Increase Your Confidence, Happiness, and Sales – https://www.amazon.com/Selling-Boldly-Psychology-Dramatically-Confidence-ebook/dp/B07BFK97QD/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1545081598&sr=8-1&keywords=selling+boldly
That’s it for now!