Ep 124: Sales Team Hiring, Crossover Candidates & Team Diversity – An Interview with Jay Webb
In this episode of the Startup Selling Podcast, I interviewed Jay Webb.
Jay runs a search firm that focuses on helping early to mid-stage companies hire sales leaders and enterprise salespeople throughout North America.
He’s also the host of the Over Quota podcast which features in-depth interviews around vision, strategy, and execution with revenue leaders.
Some of the key topics and questions that we covered in this podcast are:
- Types of sales leaders that you’re looking for based on the stage of your company.
- The importance of finding the right culture fit just as much as finding the right skill set.
- Crossover Recruiting – Do you have to hire someone with experience in your vertical or can you go crossover and find someone that has been successful in another vertical?
- Three things that the most effective sales leaders have as part of their arsenal.
- How to assess candidates as you’re recruiting candidates for your sales roles and your sales leader roles.
- How to make sure to identify if that person you’re recruiting has those three traits.
- What hiring companies need to do in order to effectively recruit the candidates they want to bring to their company
- How do you find and create a diverse sales team.
Links and Resources:
Over Quota: smarturl.it/2d2yqb
Jay Webb on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/jaydwebb
Listen & subscribe to The Startup Selling Show here:
Thanks so much for listening! Tell a friend or ten about The Startup Selling Show, and please leave a review wherever you’re listening to the show.