Ep. 108: What Every Founder Must Know About Startup Sales
In this episode of the Startup Selling Podcast, I was interviewed by Scott Cowley.
Scott Cowley began selling at 15 and has helped industries ranging from Healthcare to Fintech to Event Management. Scott has personally closed deals on every inhabited continent (if you can help him with the only uninhabited continent, Antarctica, please reach out) and led teams selling in multiple languages.
He is the founder of The Sales Mastermind, a business serving founders who sell but aren’t “sales” people with consulting, coaching, and community.
Some of the topics that we discussed in this episode are:
- What is it that most founders don’t know about sales?
- How sales is a process and how it works.
- Why should you never think about sales as “closing the sale”.
- Implementation in the sales process.
- How to avoid proposals?
- How to lead the sale?
- Mistakes that founders make when it comes to building up their sales process.
- When and how to find repeatability in your sales process so you can hire and grow your sales team.
- Why should sales be 6 months ahead of the product?
Link & Resources:
Scott Cowley on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/scottcowleyau
The Sales Mastermind: www.thesalesmastermind.com
Listen & subscribe to The Startup Selling Show here:
Thanks so much for listening! Tell a friend or ten about The Startup Selling Show, and please leave a review wherever you’re listening to the show.