This SalesCast is brought to you by, well, SalesQualia. Check out the Startup Selling Program, a 90-day program focused on finding customers, growing revenue and building your sales process.
In this episode, Scott and Robert discuss the process to qualify and pursue potential sales leads, as well as tips to help you position yourself at a conference. Key areas we cover are:
- Quickly identifying and pursuing a potential sales lead, and what lessons you might learn when you’re contacting leads.
- You need to be willing to be patient because will speed up your process and you’ll earn the trust from a prospective lead.
- How to really quickly convey the unique value proposition that a prospect’s company offers versus other companies who might do the same thing.
- What to do with the people that you weren’t able to touch base with at a conference, and the one thing you fail to do at a conference.
We hope you enjoy the podcast and would greatly appreciate feedback! Any suggestions on future topics you would like to hear covered and/or podcast guests you’d like to hear would be great! Enjoy!
02:56 – How to quickly identify whether you want to pursue a person as potential sales lead.
05:55 – Lessons when you’re out calling people on the phone or email.
06:25 – Taking leadership in the conversations.
07:16 – The types of selling approaches to use.
09:18 – The number one tip of the day.
10:38 – Qualify your lead or your conversation first.
12:35 – Learning how to position yourself.
15:25 – What you should be doing for value proposition.
20:00 – How long to generally wait before trying to create more contact with potential leads.
23:45 – What to do with the people that you weren’t able to touch base with at a conference.
27:15 – One thing you notice you’re not doing at a conference.
Resources mentioned or related to this podcast
- Blend, a cloud based lending software.
- Evernote, Online workspace software.
- LinkedIn, World’s Largest Professional Network.
- Drip, Email Marketing Automation Software.
- Upwork, Hire Freelancers and Get Freelance Jobs Online.