This SalesCast is brought to you by, well, SalesQualia. Check out the Startup Selling Program, a 90-day program focused on finding customers, growing revenue and building your sales process.
In this episode, Scott and Robert discuss what to do around the holiday season in preparation for the coming year. Key areas we cover are:
- Checking out what types of industry-focused publications are out there for your target markets and offering to write short articles pertaining to the industry.
- Using the holidays to map out a blog post series to write going into the New Year.
- Looking at conference planning for the coming year, getting in touch with conference organizers and getting everything ready for the conference.
- Strategies you can use to make money, and going back and doing some analysis of your pipeline.
- Having everyone on board on where the company needs to be, and using a weekly email template.
We hope you enjoy the podcast and would greatly appreciate feedback! Any suggestions on future topics you would like to hear covered and/or podcast guests you’d like to hear would be great! Enjoy!
01:16 – Look for media contacts.
08:43 – Use this time of the year to map out a 5 or 10 blog post series for yourself.
15:04 – Looking at the conference planning for 2016.
17:33 – How to go about strategically getting everything ready for the conferences.
21:14 – Get in touch with the conference organizers.
23:16 – Going back to your current customers.
25:43 – Three strategies you can use to make money.
26:45 – Going back and doing some analysis of your pipeline.
28:08 – Who are you selling to?
29:26 – The “WHY?”
29:50 – The “HOW?”
32:00 – Using an email template and having everyone on board on where the company needs to go.
Resources mentioned or related to this podcast
- The Reverse Review, a monthly publication for reverse mortgage professionals that covers issues affecting the industry.
- Wall Street Journal, online coverage of breaking news and current headlines from the US and around the world.
- Forbes, Business news and financial news.
- DSNews, Service Industry News website.
- HousingWire, U.S. Housing Finance News.
- HubSpot, an inbound marketing and sales platform that helps companies attract visitors, convert leads, and close customers.
- UpWork, the world’s largest online workplace where savvy businesses and professional freelancers go to work.
- Saastr, Blog by Jason Lemkin.
- Price Intelligently, provides SaaS pricing strategy expertise through our unique combination of data and industry experience.
- Weekly Team Update Email, by David Cummings.